kenshi's Animation Adventures

An online diary of kenshi's foray into the animated arts.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Leave of Absence



Okay, not really. I haven't gone fishin', but I have decided to take a leave of absence from AnimationMentor for the last two weeks of Class 6, the final class, and then come back full force for another 3 months in order to finish my film properly.

There are big sections of the film that need some re-working, and if i'm going to do something, i want to do it right, so even though the prospects are a little scary, it feels like the right thing to do.

The school has been very generous and supportive in helping us to finish our films, so I'm very happy about that. And they are planning lots of services and programs for the graduates in order to maximize our job opportunities. It's pretty amazing how far above and beyond they are going for us, but if you knew the founders of the school and the staff that works there, you wouldn't be surprised at all. They are the most giving and dedicated bunch I have seen.

So in the meantime, I have several things planned. Going to finish a grant proposal for my film, going to clean my studio so I can start painting again, going to do a few freelance projects so I have money to eat with, going to finalize some story points in my film to present to my new mentor when I get back...

Lots to do, and little time to do it, but it's nice to have a little bit of a breather before the hurricane slams again. The 12 hour days were starting to get to me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home