kenshi's Animation Adventures

An online diary of kenshi's foray into the animated arts.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

New Musical Score


I almost forgot to mention another exciting bit of news! You will probably notice that the music in my film has changed. Well, I got back in touch with a good friend of mine, Michael Brennan, and learned that he was wanting to get into film scoring. So when I told him I was working on a short film myself, he wanted to try his hand at scoring my piece. I am very happy with the work he did and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a talented composer that's just a pleasure to work with - very open to feedback, works very fast, and very creative.

I was also impressed with how well he understood the story and wrote music to support what was going on onscreen. It's just such a pleasure collaborating with another artist that really knows what he is doing and adds such quality to the work. The creative banter is also very fulfilling and inspiring, my images sparking ideas in him, and his music sparking further ideas in me.

This kind of thing reaffirms why I want to be a director.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home