kenshi's Animation Adventures

An online diary of kenshi's foray into the animated arts.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Second Dialogue Test Blocking



CLICK HERE to see the animation.

Here's rough blocking with quite a few breakdowns. I think I need to get into this character's head a little more. I know she's fishing for a compliment but I haven't decided why. It's easy to overlook that kind of stuff when it's a single shot with no context, but I do believe that the more real the character is to you, the more you will be able to convey that in a shot.

I'm getting the sense that you really have to prove yourself once you get in a studio. They just won't give you the "money shots" until you have proved you can do the simple ones well and fast. So I'm trying to speed things up - getting better faster.

I really need to be doing a lot more exercises on my own above and beyond my assignments. Especially in the area of body mechanics. That's why I'm really looking forward to doing Animation Mentor fulltime starting next term.

A lot of catching up to do for Mr. Kenshi....

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:40:00 PM, Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said…

    body mechanics I think is not very easy :) you need to be patience, Im sure you will animate very good after these classes.
    more exercises on your own will help to you :)
    The video i not sure if for my conexion,but I see it slowly . I will try more later :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home