kenshi's Animation Adventures

An online diary of kenshi's foray into the animated arts.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Week 5 Assignment: Devastation


Pose #4

So, the assignment this week is to do a pose best expressing "devastation" with the Stu character. I have to turn this in tomorrow, so I would really like to hear from all you lurkers which one you like best and why. Look at body language, look at design, look at pose readibility, look at the strength of the silhouette - but most importantly, which image evokes the strongest emotional response? Just add a comment under the one you like most, along with any further ideas or suggestions you may have. Thanks!

*Update*: Pose #4 won out. So interesting to hear different peoples' responses. About 20 people responded.

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like this one the best of all of them. It's hard to explain why, but it evokes the feeling of grief in me more than any of the others. For some reason, it seems more sincere, more like what a person would really do in a situation like this. I like the perspective of looking at the bowed backs of the grief striken characters rather than seeing them from the front. Someone's back, wracked with sobs shows more depth of grief to me. At least that's the way I feel about it.

     
  • At Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    Yes, I agree with Anonymous here. I think both hands on the gravestone show more of an attachment to who was lost, rather than doing something else which focuses on the living person as in the other pix. Howevers, they all good.

     
  • At Monday, May 02, 2005 6:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going with #4 as well. I think that having his head hand so low, does a great job of conveying 'devastated'. As for readablility, I might try a quick render from the same angle as the other three shots, as his arms are getting a little lost in the headstone. The arms in the other three poses are much clearer. Also, just a thought, but try sliding his left hand even further down the side of the headstone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home