kenshi's Animation Adventures

An online diary of kenshi's foray into the animated arts.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Class 1 - Session 9



Let's see if I can remember these assignments from oh, so long ago. We got to do a "vanilla walk". Walks are tough! I practically burned a hole through my Animator's Survival Kit studying contacts, breakdowns, and passing positions. I remember going from stepped mode to splines and just freaking out a bit on how much time it took to clean this stuff up. I try to find ways to express my sense of humor, even in these little exercises, so I had my Ballie character walking the wrong way with a little zip in his step. Here's the animation (You'll see my first constipated pass and my second pass which I started from scratch): Ballie Vanilla Walk

The Concerned Stu pose was not my most successful pose. It's not that great of a silhouette and not that clear of a read. That's the challenge though. Take a faceless character and emote with just the body.

I also did planning sketches for a 180 degree turn that I never ended up animating. I hit my head on the ceiling jumping up and down in my basement, trying to figure out the weight in the turn. Casualty of animation...

I haven't been filming reference since the very first bouncing ball. Need to start doing that!!!

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:59:00 AM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    I watched MOnsters Inc. yesterday and thought of you. I said, "Someday Kenshi will be working on stuff like this!" I am proud of you.

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 7:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aw crap, blog spam. Hope it doesn't get to carried away man. Kepp up the blogging. I'm still interested, even if you don't post harly ever! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home